Thursday, February 6, 2014

C4T

In the comments for teacher project we are assigned to a teacher's blog and we comment on a post. The teacher I was assigned to is Mrs Andrea Kerr. She is a craft loving math teacher and I can't wait to try some of her teaching techniques.

C4T#1 Mrs. Andrea Kerr posted on November 15th a polynomial arts and craft project. She used a coloring page to take notes and to solve problems. Comment #1: Mrs. Kerr, my name is Courtney Fields and I am also a student at the University of South Alabama. Arts and crafts and math are two of my favorite things, so I love how you joined the two totally different topics to make learning fun. I think that is so important in order to keep the students interested. Great idea!

On February 5th Mrs Andrea Kerr posted a group project on solving exponential equations. Before class she created a circle with 2-3 desk to create ten groups. Each desk had a record keeping card and a paper with a problem to solve. After each group has solved their problem they must get up and move around the room to solve all ten problems. Comment #2: I love the group work. It encourages the students to teach one another something. I agree with you, I bet they enjoyed it better than sitting in the chair the whole class time. Thanks for sharing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Courtney,
    I enjoyed reading your post. Arts and crafts are one of my favorite activities too; I can't wait to incorporate some visual arts ideas with my future students! My favorite part is when you pointed out the teacher making small groups to engage the students to solve math problems. This is a great way students can learn how to help their peers. I noticed you missed three small details in your blog which were: placing a period behind "Mrs." in both paragraphs and instead of using "desk" I would recommend you using desks since you are referring to more than one desk. Overall, I liked your post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete