Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blog Post #6

PLN'S
A Personal Learning Network is a list of tools or people in which you can refer to for answers. Your personal learning network is associated with your interest or field of study. This could include your classmates, professionals or websites concerning your interest. From past projects in EDM310 it is evident that you will continue to learn throughout your college and teaching experience. When you are faced with a new technology, typically, there are experts that would be willing to help. Through blogs you can gather ideas from other teachers in your field and generate new and creative lesson plans. With the use of Twitter you can post a question and have several answers in minuets. These tools will also help develop you a a teacher and a lifelong learner. Personal learning networks are formed by using tools such as Twitter, facebook, youtube, and blogs. When you follow someone on Twitter you have access to their comments, thoughts and other followers. When others comment on a post that interest you, you will be able to decide if they will be helpful in your learning network. When you reach out for help on social media you may get a response from someone that will be helpful in the future, so you can add them to your list of PLN. Symbaloo is a great way to start organizing your personal learning network. The C4T blogging project has help start my PLN because the teachers are associated with the same field I am studying for. I am able to see their main concerns, struggles and success stories.

Personal Learning Network

My PLN
My first addition to my PLN is going to be the EDM Class Blog. I refer to the website when I am having trouble with a project or assignment, it also has some useful videos. I will also include Google and YouTube. When I need additional information on a subject or I don't understand the meaning of something I always refer to Google. My math teacher has a YouTube channel that he post instructional videos, so YouTube gives me access to any tutorial. I have also added several blogs from the C4T assignments. They also teach in the math field so I can see lesson ideas and topics they discuss with their class. When we are in need of answers we will reach in many ways to get them. Everyone has a personal learning network, even if it's not written down or organized.
A 7th Graders Personal Learning Environment
Building Your PLN-A Primer for Anyone
My Wonderful PLN
Michael Fawecett Discusses his PLN

3 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney!
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I liked how you provided details on teachers utilizing a variety of technology tools to make creative lesson plans. While reading your post I noticed some minor mistakes within the first paragraph which are: misspelling "minuets" should be “minutes", capitalizing Facebook and YouTube and instead of "These tools will also help develop you a a teacher and a lifelong learner.” I would say “These tools will help develop teachers to become lifelong learners." Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog about PLN's. I like how you are already forming a PLN with your teachers and using other resources to form your PLN as well. I also plan to use Facebook, Twitter, and blog posts to add to my PLN. One suggestion i might have is to befriend a teacher that teaches a grade that you would like to teach. I am sure they will let you observe what they are doing in their classroom. I got in touch with a teacher from my high school and was able to come see how he was using Project Based Learning in his class room. It was a great experience and i plan on reaching out to him when i have any questions or ideas. The only thing i noticed in your blog grammatically was the word "a" repeated. This was a great blog and i enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete