Friday, January 17, 2014

Blog Post #1

This is my first semester at South Alabama so I have never heard anything about EDM310. When I enrolled in the class I received an email from Dr. Strange and I began to read through the syllabus,immediately I was worried. I am only used to those course in which you lecture and take test, so when I saw this was not going to be what I was used to I panicked. Before I started this class I considered myself to be computer savvy but as I can see there is so much more to learn. My fear of taking this course is that my computer skills are not up to par and I will fail miserably, but Google has become my best friend. Knowing EDM310 is a learning environment subsides my fear of mistakes. If you don't know how to do something there is a tutorial or step by step instructions at your fingertips.

Scholar cartoon

Even though we are only a week into this course I can already see EDM310 is defiantly like no other course I have taken in the past. I can adjust well to the courses that are consistent each week, and I know in this class it is something new every time we walk in the door. I have taken numerous courses online and it required a lot of independent learning as well as this class. I have already encountered the most difficult thing for me in EDM310, which is reading over ALL instructions and deadlines before each assignment. After being in this class for the first week I can see now why 9 hours is very important to dedicate to this course. I will arrange my time accordingly and manage the checklist of all assignments and deadlines in order to overcome the difficultly of time management. I'm also so apprehensive about posting things to the internet. It feels so permanent and I feel like it is not good enough for the whole world to see. Even though most things can be edited and altered, I want to leave behind a quality mark. This class may be time consuming but I know it will motivate me to learn outside of my norm.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that this class panicked you at first is great. It shows that as a student, you are more aware of what is to come rather then just waiting around to see. I found that your use of Google shows that you have initiative and that you can accomplish tasks on your own. I think you will do great in this class. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete